San Antonio’s Elm Creek Real Estate Profile
Elm Creek is a luxury and near-luxury home community in north central San Antonio Texas. Elm Creek has entrances on Wurzbach Road and Lockhill Selma Road. This gated community has over six hundred (600) homes, according to the San Antonio House Almanac. Although there are a variety of styles and sizes of homes for sale in Elm Creek, all homes are above the median home price for the area.
- Communities in Elm Creek
From the outside, Elm Creek seems to be one large community. Although the residents are all governed under the terms of Elm Creek Home Owners Association, there are five communities within Elm Creek: Elm Creek, Elm Creek Garden Homes, Elm Manor, Mill Rock, and Old Wick.
Based on a quick review of tax records, Mill Rock is the largest community and homes in that area, have the highest assessed tax basis. Old Wick is the second largest in number of home sites and accessed tax value.
- Video Tour Of Elm Creek
- Elm Creek Real Estate Market Activity
- Public Schools Serving Elm Creek
The public schools serving Elm Creek are in the Northside Independent School District.
- Patricia Blattman Elementary School (Black Bears)
- Shirley J. Howsman Elementary School
- Willliam P. Hobby Middle School
- Thomas C. Clark High School (Cougars)
- Reasons to Consider Buying a Home in Elm Creek
- Central location to activities in San Antonio
- Easy access to major thoroughfares
- Short commute to the airport
- Short trip to shopping at North Star Mall, The Rim, and La Cantera
- Fifteen minutes to the Medical Center on Wurzbach and twenty-five minutes to the Medical Center off Stone Oak
- Well maintained homes that are updated are holding their value in this neighborhood for now.
San Antonio has lots of great communities. When you’re looking for a luxury area, Elm Creek should be on your list. Its great location, good schools, quality housing stock, easy access to transportation, and shopping gives it high marks for things that should be considered in finding a great place to live.
Call on me to help you with your next move into or out of the San Antonio area.